Advanced Mapping and Surveying Course
Why do I need this course?:
If you are wanting to use your drone for mapping, then this course based on UgCS covers the practical operations and post processing of your images.
How long is the course?
The course runs from 8.30am to 4.30pm for three days.
This enables you to complete the advanced practical mapping and upload images for processing and post discussion.
When does the course run?
During the weeks of our RePL training in your location, or on custom dates for groups.
What do I need or to bring to attend this course?:
- A CASA issued RePL Multi Rotor or Aeroplane Licence
- Your Sub 2kg or sub 7kg drone, compatible with UgCS
- Sufficent charged batteries for 4 flights at a time
- Your mobile device (Android or iOS) compatible as a screen for your drone and able to run the drones software and a laptop for UgCS software
- UgCS downloaded and installed on your mobile device (screen) – Perpetual Licence available for Purchase with this course.
What is covered in this course?:
- Setting up your drone for optimum mapping
- Camera Settings
- Manual vs Auto settings
- Camera Functions for varying conditions
- Lenses and Filters
- Histogram, grids and centre points
- White Balance
- Image formats
- UgCS overview
- Practical Mapping in the field using UgCS
- Post processing and 2D / 3D outputs using ODM
What are the outcomes?:
- A Certificate of Achievement
- Experience in Planning, Flying and Processing Mapping Missions
- Post course student support on Q&A basis